BdayClubNYC I

| map-marker Kaeng Krachan, Phetchaburi Province

Reporting!!!

Longhorns Parsippany, NJ. Yesterday was busy around 7:30 PM, but our server seemed to be lost. We didn't receive any menus and had to ask for them. I also had to request utensils. Table #21 wasn't clean when we were seated, causing a delay. Moreover, the men's room did not have any paper towels in either of the dispensers. They definitely need to step up their A-game!
Pros:
  • Good longhorns parsippany
Cons:
  • Customer service needs to be brought up to par

Preferred solution: Gift card

User's recommendation: Be aware of the customer service!!!

Mike M Cvi

| map-marker Tampa, Florida

Poor service

Longhorn Steakhouse - Poor service
Longhorn Steakhouse - Poor service - Image 2
Wife and I went to Long Horn this evening. From start to finish totally bad experience and Manager was rude as well. And charged us for everything even though we never got our salads. 2 bud lights, 1 Texas Tonion, 2 6oz Fillet loaded mash, and 1 side of Mushrooms $75.37

User's recommendation: Manager at N. Lakeland not nice

Guest

Sounds gross and overpriced. They should have refunded the salads.

David C Egr

| map-marker Pineville, North Carolina

Service Dog Complaint

Longhorn Steakhouse - Service Dog Complaint

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to share some feedback on my recent dining experience at your Pineville NC store, where I have been a patron for nearly three decades.

During my visit, I encountered an issue with the service provided.

Unfortunately, the shrimp appetizer I ordered arrived at the bar uncomfortably cold. While this was a disappointing start to my meal, I handled the situation with understanding and continued to enjoy my time at the establishment.

However, I must express my dissatisfaction with the interaction I had with your managerial staff. The individual who approached me, whom I believe to be the manager, addressed a concern about my service dog being on the bar. I want to emphasize that my dog is a 7-pound teacup Maltese, hypoallergenic, and does not shed.

Despite holding my dog in my arms, I was instructed to keep him off the bar, which I promptly complied with, despite feeling unjustly singled out.

Subsequently, another manager approached me, insisting that I either leave the bar or place my dog on the floor. Given the nature of my service dog and his role in alerting me to various needs, placing him on the floor was neither practical nor hygienic, as he does not use clean floors at home. Although my dog never touched the bar, I felt compelled to leave the premises.

Moreover, I observed a lack of professionalism in the managerial staff, which left a lasting impression on my overall experience. The bar service was delayed due to a bartender's absence, and the overall atmosphere of the store appeared disorganized.

Having worked for Darden years ago, both my wife and I have noted a significant decline in the standards of the establishment.

The demeanor and appearance of the managerial staff were less than satisfactory, and I believe it does not align with the reputation Darden has built over the years.

While I acknowledge that every business may face challenges, I feel compelled to share my experience with those around me.

I have been in the restaurant business for 38 years, and the lack of attention to customer service and the overall state of the store were disheartening. Though I will refrain from reporting this incident to the AWD and veterans affairs, I must inform you that I will discourage anyone I know from dining at any Darden restaurant in the future.

I hope this feedback serves as constructive criticism, and I trust that improvements can be made to uphold the high standards that have defined Darden in the past.

Sincerely,

Cons:
  • Cold app
  • Poor quality management
  • No bartender

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: NOT SERVICE DOG FRIENDLY POOR MANAGEMENT

Guest

The dog has to be on the floor unless that interferes with the task he is trained for. One such case would be carrying him in a chest harness if he smells the handler’s breath to detect glucose.

Guest

A true service dog doesn't sit on a bar, or your lap, they stay on the ground. No dog is actually "hypoallergenic" either.

You're lucky they allowed you to stay. Had I been the manager, you would've been asked to leave.

Imagine if YOU went out to eat and saw a happy little dog on the counter? Disgusting.

View more comments (1)
Denise K Gxo

| map-marker Unity Village, Missouri

We were poisoned

We got deathly sick after eating a filet.We had diarrhea vomiting & cramps I talked to your corp office who issued a coupon to be used at any locations but I accidently deleted it Can request another.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Great usually
Cons:
  • Getting food poisoing

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: If your sick report it

Denise K Gxo

Longhorn Steakhouse - Food poisoning - Image 3
Longhorn Steakhouse - Food poisoning - Image 4
Longhorn Steakhouse - Food poisoning - Image 5
Longhorn Steakhouse - Food poisoning - Image 6
2 of us had filet & it gave us diarrhea for 4 hrs stomach crampsre We both are filets & got sick I got a text coupon from but I accidently deleted it.I hope to get it back from your corporate office.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Great service we always go for holidays bdsyd
Cons:
  • We got food poisoning

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Report if you get dic

Kristain F

| map-marker Bellevue, Washington

Unhappy loyal customers

Longhorn Steakhouse - Unhappy loyal customers
Longhorn Steakhouse - Unhappy loyal customers - Image 2
Longhorn Steakhouse - Unhappy loyal customers - Image 3

Hello, my name is Kristain faulkner. I live in Louisville Kentucky and i am a frequent customer of the establishment of Longhorn on hurstboure rd.

My last order of 2 ribeye steaks one was undercooked (didnt know until he got to work) and i didnt receive my Wild West shrimp. I was given a gift card for the inconvenience and that was fine. Today i went to another establishment on outter loop to order the lamb chops, but they were out which is fine, i understood, so i call the establishment on hurstbourne for the same. When i got home my food wasnt edible.

I can provide pictures if need be.

Sorry to write this email, but i am very disappointed because i love the establishment. Please give me a call when you have a chance.

Denice W Wuz

| map-marker Phenix City, Alabama

Cut lip from a piece of glass in water

Longhorn Steakhouse - Cut lip from a piece of glass in water
Longhorn Steakhouse - Cut lip from a piece of glass in water - Image 2

This message is to inform you of a recent incident that happened at a Longhorn restaurant located at 6112 Pavilion away NW Covington Ga, 30014.

Managing partner: Jonathan B Malone

ID# 7802 09*** *796

Check # 12308

At this visit I requested water to drink with lemon on the side. Before leaving the restaurant I requested a cup of ice water to go.

The waitress brought the water, I squeezed the last slice of lemon in the cup water and left. While driving and sipping from the cup, something nearly went down my throat. I brought it back up and pushed it out my mouth with my tongue. (what I first thought was as seed from the lemon).

This slightly cut my lip. When I spit it in my hand I noticed it was a small piece of broken glass.

James G Ate

Verified Reviewer

Terrible Service, Cold and uncooked food, Charged for items we did not receive!t

Longhorn Steakhouse - Terrible Service, Cold and uncooked food, Charged for items we did not...
Longhorn Steakhouse - Terrible Service, Cold and uncooked food, Charged for items we did... - Image 2
Longhorn Steakhouse - Terrible Service, Cold and uncooked food, Charged for items we did... - Image 3
Longhorn Steakhouse - Terrible Service, Cold and uncooked food, Charged for items we did... - Image 4

My friend just gave birth to her child and was, understandably, exhausted and in need of substance. I suggested Longhorns and let her know it was a good restaurant.

However, it was getting close to their closing time. She really wanted to be waited on and relax as opposed to take out so I told her I would see if this was possible. I inquired within if it was too late to be seated and was told we were welcome to dine in house. My friend was elated.

I told them that I would also be placing a take out order. Please note that we were the only patrons in the restaurant. I put in the take out order and ordered our meals. The amount of the check was approximately $130.00 and I tipped more than the standard 18% because my friend was happy to have someone cook and cater to her.

I also paid in advance because it was half an hour before closing. Up until that point everything was great. Then our plates arrived. The order was incorrect, the food was cold and the presentation left me aghast.

It literally looked like food that was stored away and then microwaved. My guest was extremely disappointed and I was embarrassed. I told the staff that if it was too close to closing to be seated then they should have stayed that. We left the restaurant upset and feeling victimized.

I originally called and could not reach anyone soon after the unpleasant incident so I have just taken my business, money and friends to other steak houses in a direct response to the unacceptable service we received that evening. It was unprofessional and classless! As of right now I have no intention of ever giving any business to Longhorns ever again. Which is a little sad because it was a favorite of mine.

I really would like my money back and an apology. Doubt anything will be done about this travesty.

Definitely Pissed Off

Cons:
  • Port richey
  • Florida

User's recommendation: Avoid this restaurant

Guest

It wasn't OK for you to come in 30 minutes before close and expect to have a relaxing dinner. You better believe the entire staff was cursing about you in the kitchen.

They have their own families to get home to! The problem with corporate restaurants is that they aren't allowed to say no last minute customers. They just hope that people are decent enough and not selfish and won't walk into a sit down restaurant at closing. I can guarantee you that the kitchen had already started to break things down.

Good job.

The only decent thing you did was tip the waitress. You and your friend could have gone the next day a reasonable hour!

Guest

The only sad thing about this is you thought a relaxing steak dinner could be enjoyed in thirty minutes. And the only classless thing here was you— describing your experience as being aghast and feeling victimized.

One would think you witnessed a hate crime.

Next time you want your friend to relax allow for a 90 minute meal with some coffee and conversation after the meal. And tone down the drama.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2461745

WOW. Be careful when getting off of your soap stand.

Let me guess, you're single. Roughly 40 years old and have a chip on your shoulder because "nobody understands you". Get a life dweeb! So sick of you social police!

Here's a life lesson, If your opinion is not asked for that means it's not wanted.

Have a nice day! BOSS

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2461766

You are on a third party complaint site for thousands of companies. Longhorn does not come here.

By you posting, anyone can comment. No one is commenting for you to like it.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2461745

No, the sadist thing is the took the food home, ate the food, lied claimed they threw it in the trash, and are asking for a refund. Why would they take the food home if they were going to throw it out anyway? Then they have the nerve to say that they are not looking for a free meal when they are in fact, asking for a full refund.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2461767

A logical person would have asked for the manager, told them the food was not acceptable and asked they just pay for the drinks, since they were sending the food back, uneaten.

You are a liar looking for a free meal. You took the food and want a refund.

This is basically looking for a free meal. RETURN THE FOOD. NOT DOING SO MAKES YOU A THIEF. Honestly if you cannot afford to pay for the food.

STOP LYING. Just visit a soup kitchen.

Did you leave the food there? Did you return the food? These are the only reasons that you should get a refund.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2461279

No I did not leave the food there but I might as well have. I was embarrassed because I had told my friend that she was in for a delicious dinner and she was visibly upset.

I took pictures of the food the next day before throwing it out in disgust. I tried to contact Longhorns several times with no success.

Definitely NOT looking for a free meal but certainly did not get what I paid for. *** a sincere apology would have be nice.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2461279

You are a liar looking for a free meal. You took the food and want a refund.

STOP LYING. Just visit a soup kitchen.

View more comments (10)
Regina P Awx

| map-marker Omaha, Nebraska

Bad service and food

Longhorn Steakhouse - Bad service and food
Longhorn Steakhouse - Bad service and food - Image 2

My son and I went out for a nice quiet dinner at Longhorn. We went on a Monday night and we walked in and there happen to be a large party.

Probably 15 more people with kids running around on one side of the restaurant so I started out that instead of sitting us on the other side of restaurant that had plenty of room that was practically empty. They said it was right next to the large party, which was Very pleasant because we couldnt hear each other talk. The kids were screaming people were running around those all the time. Then we get the waiter comes to table and he has this really bad attitude so we told him that we needed some more time so as hes telling us, OK, then Ill come back.

Hes looking at his watch with his look on his face like word, making his night miserable. so we finally order and then the food comes and thats just as disappointing the potatoes were like rocks the broccoli was mush with too much sauce on it. The steak was rubber. It was so disappointing.

We tried to explain to the waiter about the potatoes, and how weve been there many many times and theyve never been like that before and he told us well either want those or he want something else and he had it quite an attitude and it was like wow we were so taken back by our experience, we finally asked for the manager. The manager said you know what Ill just comp the bill for you like we were there just to get some free food he never apologize for the situation or offered us , a solution to the problem maybe have something different or get a drink nothing it was the worst experience Ive ever had a longhorn

Loss:
Pros:
  • Good service and good food most days
Cons:
  • Possibility of getting a bad waiter
  • And not so good food

Preferred solution: I would like to receive an apology and possibly a gift card for the very unpleasant time that we had, and made us feel so belittled and not what you would expect, and no consideration for what we had or irritates a very horrible experience

User's recommendation: Be attentive to your waiter

Cindy D Llp

| map-marker Taganrog, Southern Federal District

Bad service

Longhorn Steakhouse - Bad service
Longhorn Steakhouse - Bad service - Image 2
Yes I had a bad experience in Columbus Ms. i had spoken to someone and told her my issues she had agreed to send me a 75.00 gift card to my email. My email is dabbslady@***.com. I have yet to receive it. Hope I do soon.
Pros:
  • Love what food is offered
Cons:
  • Staff at columbus ms needs to be evaluated

Preferred solution: The person I spoke to agreed to send me a 75.00 gift card . I actually spent 110.00 because I gave the waitress a 20.00 tip because some of it was the kitchen’s fault but I agreeed to the 75.00. My email is dabbslady@yahoo.com.

User's recommendation: This restaurant needs help in management and common manners. It was an awful experience from start to finish. From no drink refills to cold food after waiting for an hour and a half. Food is to expensive to deal with this.

Marko T Unu

Bad service at long horn restaurant

Longhorn Steakhouse - Bad service at long horn restaurant
Longhorn Steakhouse - Bad service at long horn restaurant - Image 2
The picture below is a Pepsi drink from long horn that my daughter order April 13th and part of the soda dispenser was left in her cup didnt notice it until we left to go home some body has to answer to this situation

Preferred solution: Law suit

User's recommendation: Check your drinks

Resolved
Saavadra L

| map-marker Bowie, Maryland

Resolved: Unprofessional and heart broken

Updated by user Apr 13, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. I was given a $35 card for my next visit to Long Horn.

I went with my sister and granddaughter again and I ordered the same thing I had ordered before and it was absolutely perfect and delicious.

I hope it’s like that again when I go. Thank you.

Original review Mar 14, 2024
Hello, I attempted to take my granddaughter out for lunch along with my sister to the Long Horn steakhouse in Largo,md today 3/14 around 1:00. We all ordered an appetizer and they fine. We ordered our meals, my sister ordered the fillet mignon and lobster tail- medium cooked, my granddaughter ordered Renegade steak- medium, and I ordered the New York strip- medium.
My sister got her meal and it was absolutely perfect. My granddaughter received her meal and her steak was well,well done. She did not eat it. I received my meal and my steak was well done. I became upset because we all waited a week to come there and eat because that is our favorite place and our mouths were watering for your steak. Well, I got the waitress and told her about the steaks. She took the steaks back to be cooked over and that cool. But she returned wonky my steak because she said the manager stated that my steak was perfectly cooked. At this point I became furious. How are you going to tell me how I eat my steak? So I told her to tell him to eat then because I need my meat to be a nice pink. So he came out to my table and told me the same thing the waitress said so I told him to eat it. So now seeing I was upset he offered to cook me another steak but by now I dont want anything from there. My granddaughter didnt even want another steak due to how I received the flack from that manager. So my sister ate her food while my granddaughter and myself just sat there mad as *** We frequently go to that restaurant and never had that problem before. Our meals were always perfect. I am really disappointed. I said I would never go back there and would not advise anyone to go but instead I am reaching out to you for any kind of compensation you can give me. Now I have to cook for me and my granddaughter. We are hungry but we know whatever I cook it will not be LongHorn(smile) But Im still mad. Have a good evening.
Sincerely yours,
SAAVADRA Lopez
240-932-****
saavadral@***.com
Ps. My bill was $32.00, I gave the waitress $40.00 and she never gave me my change. I intended to tip her because nothing was her fault. But she kept my money. I just left because I dont like scenes.
I dont have my receipt number.

User's recommendation: Read this and you decide….. I will give another review after my responses from Corporate.

Lamontae Pmf

You really need to work on your English before calling me an idiot and saying I ride the short bus. I am way smarter than you.

The state abbreviation for Maryland should be in caps, not lowercase. The word don't should have an apostrophe. When you are telling the time you use say 3:14 not 3/14.

Basic first grade stuff. When a first grader is smarter than you you have NO Right calling anyone an idiot.

Lamontae Pmf

You are NOT entitled to compensation. Seems like you only paid for the food that your daughter ate.

Not the food you steak you returned.

Honestly if you cannot afford steak do not invite your daughter over for dinner. You are an idiot if you are going to let one bad incident stop you from going when you had no prior issue.

reply icon Replying to comment of Lamontae Pmf

Well, that's your opinion . And where did you get that I couldn't afford it?

You are the idiot. If you missed the point oh well you probably rode the short yellow bus.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2501192

I am not the idiot here. You are. If you could afford it you would not be begging for compensation.

View more comments (3)
Joseph C Jvs

| map-marker Oak Lawn, Illinois

Terrible expierence

Longhorn Steakhouse - Terrible expierence

I ordered dinner for my wife and I for her birthday. I would've took her out to dinner but she is still shook up from being battered by 4 men when they tried carjacking her and kidnapping my 7 year old.

He was also beat up by 2 of the men. Anyways... I was scheduled to pick up my order at 8:45pm and didn't get my food until 10:20. 20 min after the restaurant closed and at least 6 people that arrived after I did got their for before me.

Around 9:45 I got sick of waiting so I went to go inside. As I was approaching the door the manager was bringing an order out and I asked if it was mine. She said no but it'll be ready real soon and for me to be patient. I told her I've been waiting an hour and I'm being polite I thought I was being patient.

So I went back to my car to wait almost 40 more minutes for my food. Got home to realize the forgot my extra order of rice, our loaf if honey wheat bread and ALL our food was could and dried out. I'm assuming from sitting under a heat lamp for 30-60 so please tell me why I had to wait close to 2 hours for my food.

With tip and tax I spent close to $100 on for for 2 people. I will never eat at longhorn and I'll advise everyone I know and work with at cook county sheriff office hours white officers are treated at longhorn steakhouse.

Pros:
  • Food can be good at the right location
Cons:
  • Oak lawn location in garbage

User's recommendation: Go to Outback Steakhouse

MICKEY P Ddt

| map-marker Oxford, Alabama

TERRIBLE SERVICE & TERRIBLE

My wife and I went to the Oxford, AL location this past Saturday, 5/11/2024, around 2:00 PM. I ordered the 9 oz Flo's filet with french fries, and my wife ordered a baked potato.

I ordered my steak to be cooked medium, and it was brought to me very rare. The person did not ask me to cut into my steak to see if it was cooked correctly, nor were we offered any steak sauce, ketchup, or any type of condiments. On top of everything, all the food was cold. I have never created any issues at a restaurant and plan to continue doing so.

We never saw our waitress again until she brought our check. I have pictures of the steak I ordered, and could not eat, and the receipt where I paid for the meal plus an 18% tip. We have lived in Oxford and have eaten at the Oxford location many times, but this visit will be our last.

I paid the check at 3:26 PM for the amount of $51.73 plus an 18% tip. I do expect a response from LongHorn's.

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: DONT EAT AT LONGHORN'S IN OXFORD AL ON A HOLIDAY

Guest

Speak up next time. Even if it’s not your waiter.

It does wonders. I promise.

Nethaniel Ljc

Since you did not get any sauce or other condiments I agree you should get a price reduction of $1.

View more comments (1)
Sonjia G Irz

| map-marker Saint Peters, Missouri

Complaint

I placed an order using the app so that I could just pick it up by curbside. I followed the instructions checked in with the link that was text to me.

I also called to let them know that I was waiting in a spot originally they told me it would be about 20 minutes and then they said it would be a little bit longer, which was fine, but there end up being over 30 minutes and I called to check on the order again. The phone just rang and then I was put on hold as well so I decided to go in because I thought it was getting to be too long. no one else was waiting on the parking lot just me so I figured something was wrong so I went in to pick up my order I got a little upset seeing that there were people in the lobby waiting. There were quite a few open tables.

There was a guy standing at the cashiers booth looking at the phone ring. There were two people on the floor moving chairs around, kind of tidying up, not in a hurry , when I asked the guy at the cashiers booth for my food, he said he would go check on it. I also ask him. Why is he just looking at the phone ringing and not answering it and I told him that Ive been outside I called he finally brought me food, and I asked him who the manager was so that I could express my complaint he said he was the manager and then I asked him for his name.

He said his name was Brian and I told him that this is awful customer service and that he needs to do a better job with customer service.

He didnt even say that he was sorry for my weight or the inconvenience , he continued to put his elbows back on the register and calls were still coming in. He never once answered the phone.

Pros:
  • Close to me
Cons:
  • Horrible experience

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: More QA should be taken, better customer service. New Managers that care!

Richard G Hqd

| map-marker Largo, Florida

Horrible service

Longhorn Steakhouse - Horrible service

Manager was extremely hostile and served us uncook fish that cause food poisoning. I ask for two of us to be seated by the bar and the manager was very horrible and ignored my suggestion and stuff us in the far back left side of the restaurant with it over crowded and screaming children and put in a booth with a over size man *** siting in the walk way with his *** touching our table.

I took my date and move to a table 2 feet from us. The manager just gave me a hate look. And gave my date under cook fish.

We will never go back to that same restaurant again. And to top it off when we were leaving the manager stood near the entrance giving me a nasty look

Loss:
Cons:
  • Horrible management

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Fire the hostile racest manager at the Hollywood fl location

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article